Google recently added a new change to their Google+ pages which has meant that now by default the number of times your profile has been viewed is turned on!
For most individuals and particularly for business pages, this can be an unwanted feature and something that might be of detriment to your brand so it is a good idea to dive in and turn it off.
You need to be using a desktop computer to do this because there are not options on Android / Mobile Web or IOS to turn this feature off.
For personal profiles:
- Open up Google + and click on the home icon in the upper left corner
- Click Settings and then scroll down to the “Profile” link
- Once you are there if you scroll down the page you will find the option to tick or untick the box “Show how many times your profile and content have been viewed.”
The settings are very similar, the process to get there is slightly different
- Open Google+ and click on the home icon in the upper left corner
- Click the Pages Icon
- Click manage this page and select the page that you want to manage
- Choose dashboard in the upper left hand corner of the screen, this will display the navigation menu, Click on the settings icon
- Scroll to the link for “Profile”
- Check or untick the box “Show how many times your profile and content have been viewed”
Hopefully this will be of use to some of you out there. It seems that the current view counts on the Google+ pages may not be exact and may not be updated in real time either!